If you pass
- The Testing Officer will keep your Learner Licence and give you a temporary (paper) restricted licence.
- This is valid for 21 days, and you must carry it with you when you drive.
- Your new photo driver licence will be mailed to you before the temporary one expires.
- The Testing Officer may give you feedback on the things you did well and the things you need to work on.
- Take note of the things you need to work on, so you don’t make the same mistakes when you sit the test for your full licence.
If you fail
- The Testing Officer will return your Learner Licence to you before you leave.
- They will give you feedback on why you failed. They will also note on a feedback form what you did wrong.
- Try not to be discouraged - this just means you need to do more work on your driving before you try again.
- Second test attempts are a bit cheaper because you only have to pay the test fee ($86.60), not the licence application fee as well.