How to prepare for the day
4 ways to prepare for your restricted licence test
1. Do the paperwork beforehand
If you booked your restricted licence test online or over the phone, you'll still need to stop into a driver licensing agent to complete your application before you go to sit your test.
2. Bring the right stuff
You need to bring:
- Your current driver licence. If you're sitting your test using a temporary (paper) driver licence you'll also need to bring some photo ID that lets the Testing Officer confirm who you are (like a passport).
- Glasses or contact lenses if you need to wear them for driving.
- The car you’ll be using for your test. Make sure it has a current rego, WoF, and (if it’s diesel) a RUC licence. You’ll also need to display L-plates.
3. Consider a support person
You can have one support person in the car with you during the test, if they meet the requirements - but no kids or pets.
4. Get there on time
It's very important that you're on time for your test. If you're more than 5 minutes late, you've already failed. So give yourself plenty of time to arrive and get ready for the test.
For more info