Having a problem with Drive? We might have already solved it. If you don't see your problem here, get in touch.
When I try to log in, I see a message saying "We can't find a match for that email address and password. Please double-check and try again."
If you see this message, one of three things has happened:
- You've tried to log in with the wrong email address. If you have several email addresses, try logging in with a different one.
- You've entered the wrong password. Try again, being extra careful with your spelling. Don't try too many times, however, or you may get locked out of your account.
- You haven't successfully signed up yet. You might try signing up again - we'll tell you if you already have an account.
In rare cases, it might be a bug. You can get in touch using our contact form and our technical team will help you out.
I want to change the email address I use to log into Drive.
If you're able to log into the Drive website, you can do this yourself by logging in, going to the account settings page, then clicking on the 'change email address' heading.
If you can't change the email address yourself, get in touch using our contact form and we'll sort it out for you.
I've spotted a mistake on the Drive website.
Drive was built using input from professional driving experts, but everyone makes mistakes. If you've spotted an error or something you disagree with - let us know!
You can get in touch using our contact form.
I get an error when I try to sign up to Drive through Facebook
If you get an error that says "Facebook sign up failed", it probably means you’ve tried to sign up with Facebook but don’t want to share your email address or date of birth.
You can't sign up to Drive unless you tell us your email address and date of birth. We need this information to give you the best possible experience, and to make Drive a better resource for other young drivers.
If you decide you're happy to tell us your email address and date of birth, and want to sign up through Facebook again, follow these steps:
- Go to the App Settings page on Facebook.
- Find the Drive icon and remove it by selecting the 'X'. It will look like this:
- Return to Drive.govt.nz and refresh your browser.
- Sign up again through Facebook. When it says ‘Drive will receive: your public profile and email address’, select 'continue'.
If you're still having problems, get in touch using our contact form.
Help! My problem isn't on here!
Don't panic! Get in touch using our contact form and tell us what's going wrong.
Make sure you include your name, the email address linked to your account and a description of the issue and we'll do our best to solve it for you.